I just wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong! A lot of times it has to do with the fact I knit left handed. I'm hoping that is all it is.
Can you see on the left hand side close to where the yarn is? See the holes? Not supposed to be that way........
I contacted my fearless leader, my instructor....and this is what she said via first email
and via her 2nd emailThere is something else going on with the increases that I can't quite see. If you look at a knit stitch, notice that it has two sides--these are often called the left and right legs of the stitch. When you make lifted increases you lift the left or right leg of the stitch below and use it to make the new stitch. I think I won't be able to figure out what you are doing until I see the actual swatch. One thing you might want to do is look at the photo I have posted of this swatch on my ravelry project page. If you click on it, you can make it larger.This is what the increase is supposed to look like.Arenda
I've been thinking about this some more...How do you knit? From right to left or left to right? Many left handed knitters knit from right to left since you use both hands pretty equally when you knit. If you knit from left to right, you have to sort of reverse the lifted increases. On the left side (if you are coming from that direction), you would lift the left leg of the stitch below the stitch on your needle. When you get to the right side you would knit the stitch, then use the right leg of the stitch 2 stitches below.There have been tons of left handed knitters go through the Masters Program. I know some have made adjustments to techniques. In the Basics class & in the Masters program we don't evaluate HOW someone knits but the results. These should be the same for left and right handed knitters.One thing you might want to do, is to post a topic on Ravelry for left handed knitters. They might be able to give you some insight on how to alter techniques that I haven't thought of.Arenda
I am so happy that I have such a great person to help me thru this and onto my road to the masters programs and eventually take the judges course.
I am making note of what she said on this blog so that I can remember it.....I hope I can figure this out.
No comments:
Post a Comment