Monday, January 23, 2012

this past weekend

I celebrated my b'day this weekend. My weekend was full of love, well wishes, and happiness. Thank you all so much for everything each of you did to make it special for me.

I did very little knitting (on any level) and instead concentrated on all the articles to be studied in this program. If one tries to take it all in at once it will feel very overwhelming...or at least to me it would.

Who knew there was so much to learn with this craft? Who knew that re-training yourself to do something right instead of the wrong way you've done it for years would be so hard? I guess others did, but not me...I assumed it would come more natural than it is for me. I am having renmind myself 'counter-clockwise wrap' over and over. It's rough. But......I know it will be worth it when all is said and done...(which is a funny way to put things but I won't go chasing the rabbit down that hole).

I can not believe all the projects that I have completed with stitches twisted. I have like 80 listed on Ravelry, but I've completed way more than that. It's very daunting....and discouraging....but I'm not giving up....I will get this right & it will become 2nd nature to me...someday.

Today I am back on the fast-track to my knitting studies and I am hoping that today will go better for me & more will soak in for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment