Monday, January 16, 2012

pre-work samples

I was looking over different pages on TKGA and realized that I have been knitting with twisted stitches due to the fact of the way that I have trained myself to knit.

I knit one sample of my usual way of knitting (block 1) and then of the new 'corrected' way of knitting (block 2)

block 1-
bottom curled terribly
stitches seem to lean left and are 'fat'

block 2-
bottom didn't seem to curl as much
the stitches were more uniform.
Eventhough there were a few places I forgot & went to my usual way of knitting, I feel it's a way of showing the difference in the knitting techniques.

the k2p2 seemed to be way in on the margin on block 1
while on block 2 it seemed more uniform.

also, I 'almost' have spaces on block 1
can not find any gaps on block 2 of k2p2

the reverse of the blocks you can really tell the difference! I will post the pics to show the difference asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment